2018 Artist Agreement for Open Studios: How Art Is Made
Applicants MUST understand and agree to the follow terms and conditions:
The purpose of Open Studios is to showcase, promote, and market the visual arts in our area and educate the public about art and the art-making process. Failure to comply with the Open Studios requirements and the conditions listed below, will void eligibility to participate in subsequent Open Studios events.
1. I agree to open my studio from 10am to 4 pm on the following dates:
Studio locations North of the Rogue River: September 29th & 30th
(Religious exemptions are available)
2. I will have a minimum of 15 completed, original artworks, created during the past three years, prominently displayed at my Open Studios.
3. I agree not to exhibit, display for sale, or host the work of a non-participating artist in the space over which I have control.
4. I understand that if I am hosted by another person, he/she must be a 2018 Open Studios artist, or it must be a non-art related space.
5. I understand that my process must be adequately shown. I will show visitors my actual workspace, materials, tools and works-in-progress. If I’m being hosted, I will re-create my studio workspace at the host’s studio. I will discuss and, whenever possible, demonstrate my art-making process. At a minimum, storyboards and/or visual aids will be on display.
6. I will abide by the following restrictions on reproductions: less prominent and separate placement from original work, 20% maximum space allocation, clear and accurate labeling, identifying the work as a "reproduction” (a “reproduction” is defined as a copy of original art).
7. I agree to perform up to four hours of service to the Open Studios committee to be scheduled at a future date.
8. I agree that the Artist Guide image submitted with my application may be used for promotion of the event and in the Guide. (The artist retains all copyright of the image).
9. I agree to complete the Open Studios Artist Survey at the completion of Open Studios.
10. Participating artists must be members of the Grants Pass Museum of Art. If I am not already a member, I will purchase my membership when accepted. If already a member I agree to keep my membership current.
Submit all of the following by the deadline of June 15th 2018:
- Application fee of $50. This fee will be refunded if you are not accepted.
- Four images for the jury’s consideration (2016 participating artists are grandfathered in for 2017. You will still need to provide a new publicity image)
- Indicate which image you want to be your publicity image for the Artist Guide and marketing. This includes social media.
- Artist Statement of 200 words and contact information for the public. (Contact information does not count towards word count)
Thank you so much for applying. If you have any questions
please call the Grants Pass Museum of Art at 541-479-3290.
Upload your artist statement and images using the file uploader below.